There are a total of 29 countries with scientific programs aimed at Antarctica.
Here is more at NOL on Antarctica. Brrrrrr!
- How conservatives won the law Steven Teles (interview), Wall Street Journal
- Libertarians in the Age of Trump Ross Douthat, NY Times
- Political theory for an age of climate change Alyssa Battistoni, the Nation
- Nationalists versus empire: A brief history of the African university Mahmood Mamdani, London Review of Books
- Lost in translation: Native American mascots in Europe Andrew Keh, NY Times
- Zanele Muholi: The dark artist of South Africa Mark Gevisser, 1843
- Aristocrats have always been internationalist Blake Smith, Aeon
- Frayed transatlantic ties are weakening NATO Azita Raji, War on the Rocks
- A question about Israel for a Bleeding Heart Libertarian Irfan Khawaja, Policy of Truth
- How Putin has changed, and subjugated, Russia Christian Esch, der Spiegel
- Russia’s bite is not nearly as powerful as its bark Daniel DePetris, the Skeptics
- Who cares about Washington anymore? Parag Khanna, Politico