Barry Stocker is a British philosopher based in Istanbul, working at Istanbul Technical University. His academic interests cover political philosophy. Publications in this field include the monograph Kierkegaard on Politics (2014) and the co-edited volume Nietzsche as Political Philosopher (2014). He is currently working on Michel Foucault and liberty. As these projects indicate, he likes to work on issues of liberty, ethics, individualism, and subjectivity, in authors a bit outside the conventional canon of liberty oriented thinkers, but does also work on more familiar names in this field, such as Adam Smith and Friedrich Hayek. Check out his personal website.
Selected Scholarly Papers
- Political Theory and the Idea of Europe: Foucault against Habermas
- Nietzsche and Classical Liberalism: Wilhelm von Humboldt
- Adam Smith: Statism and Distributive Injustice in the Wealth of Nations
- Foucault on Parrhesia: Liberty and Speech
- Law, Legislation and Political Forms in Hayek and Schmitt