1. Of Flying Cars and the Declining Rate of Profit. David Graeber takes a swipe at the discipline of economics. Does he have any valid arguments, or is it all hearsay?
2. The Red and the Black. This is an insightful essay by a doctoral candidate in history over at Cornell. His thesis: profit is the motor of capitalism. What would it be under socialism?
3. What happens when a right-libertarian takes a gander at left-libertarianism? An insightful essay, that’s what. Among the gems:
Now, a note: there are two kinds of things that don’t make sense:
1. pure crap
2. things that make sense but use a framework that’s a bit more nuanced than the one you’re used to.
4. Its Time for Gulf Colonialism. No summary of Leftist contributions would be complete without an ode to anti-imperialism. This one is short, sweet and to the point.